Why Self Publish?
Self publishing is a relatively quick, reasonably priced method of getting a literary work professionally published. Ideas into Books: WESTVIEW is an author subsidy (authors pay the costs involved in getting their own works into print), print on demand (POD) publisher. This means that authors pay for only the services they need, and they pay for books only as they need them. Authors need not pay up-front for – or store – a large number of copies of a work just in order to purchase books at a reasonable price.
Many authors initially make the decision to self-publish because self-publishing allows them to retain all rights to their works while benefiting from a larger percentage of the proceeds. They find that the benefits of self-publishing are well worth the cost of getting their book into print, and are willing to take on the responsibility for advertising and sales in exchange for these benefits.
Other times, a writer will decide to self publish because he or she needs only a limited number of copies of a work – for gifts, advance copies, or for a class, for instance – and the author would like their books professionally produced. Still other writers decide to self publish only after having tried traditional routes, perhaps after discovering their work does not meet any given publisher's requirements or needs. Whatever your reason, Westview is here for you.
After the initial set-up expenses and processing period, books are ordered, printed, and paid for only as needed. Each order takes approximately two weeks to print and ship.
All Westview Plans Include:
A non-exclusive contract where you retain all rights.
One-on-one support all the way through the publishing process.
Fast turn-around time for formatting your document into a printer-ready digital file.
All interior and cover layout and design.
ISBN and Bar Code.
All printer submission fees.
One author's copy and two copies for the Library of Congress.
If in a standard size, inclusion in Ingram books in print and on-line bookseller catalogs.
Low costs on author copies.
Ten Steps to Publication
1. Review the agreement found on the CONTRACT page. Please feel free to call or email if you have questions.
2. Print and complete the agreement by filling in all blanks. Initial and/or sign each page. Make and keep a copy for your records. Mail the other copy with your payment, photographs, and files to the address below, OR scan and return by email, making payment using the OPTIONS page on this website.
3. Either e-mail your files as an attachment or enclose a CD or flash drive with your return mailing.
4. We’ll put your manuscript into the queue. Work is done on documents in the order in which payment is received. It takes an average of 2-3 weeks before you get a draft of your layout.
5. We will undoubtedly be communicating several times during this period regarding photos, cover design, and other issues.
6. We’ll prepare an author’s proof (printed double-sided on 8.5x11 paper) for your review. Please remember that corrections to the layout are made at our expense; if you request corrections to your text block, those corrections and any necessary adjustments to the layout will be made at your expense, as detailed in the Book Publishing Agreement.
7. After you are finished making your corrections to the author’s proof, mail or bring it back to us and we will transfer those corrections to our computer file. If you request changes or corrections to your text block, payment must accompany the proof.
8. Once any corrections are complete, we’ll submit the manuscript to our printer and they will print an advance copy of your bookstore quality book, completely bound. This will take approximately two weeks from the point at which you approve your manuscript for submission to the printer.
9. After we examine the advance copy to make sure it meets our specifications, it will be mailed to you for your review. With it we will include a release that must be returned or e-mailed to us approving the advance copy, or you may send additional changes which will be made at your expense. Charges will include the additional fees required for resubmission to the printer as detailed in the Book Publishing Agreement.
10. Once we have received your approval of the advance copy, your book will be available for purchase and you will be able to place an order if you wish. It will take one to two weeks after an order is placed for the books to be shipped to your home address.
Manuscripts and other communication can be mailed to:
P.O. Box 605
Kingston Springs, TN 37082
For additional information, email email@example.com